Sonntag, 12. August 2012

Just a (Lego®) brick in the wall? Kharkov is growing...

Wow, last post was 2 month ago. A long break with many events, e.g. I changed the company. Please forgive my quietness, this weekend was the first time where I could concentrate on my hobby.

So what do we have here?

If you read my post "The Red Army is rising" you remember the russian HQ in Kharkov.
Unfortunately "my" Kharkov is everything you can see on those pictures. Tiny, isn´t it?
Fortunately I found some old ruins build with Lego®-bricks. The bricks are perfect to build houses or ruins in the scale 1/72. I can´t remember who of our guys built them over 10 years ago. The ruins are incomplete, just the naked bricks for the moment.

First I went to a building center and bought some spattling compound and tried to "hide" the characteristic look of the Lego® bricks. My first try was a bad one. Bought a compound that becomes too sandy while drying.

Second attempt.

I went to the building center again *grrr* and bought another spattling compound (hoping for the best!). Now everthing went well as you can see here:

Lego® ruin second attempt

I sprinkled stones in the middle of the rooms to get some asperity.

In the end of this step there should be a ruin that changed from a toy to a basic wargaming accessoire:


Nearly finished step

So, what is missing? Color!
Started with "Erdfarbe" (No. 87, Aqua-Color, Revell) for the floors:

Floors: Earth-Color

Followed by "Staubgrau" (No. 77, Aqua-Color, Revell) for the walls and some parts of the ground:

Walls and parts of the ground: Dust-grey

"My" Kharkov will grow again and again within the next weeks - 3 ruins to go!

Anyway, the HQ of my Russian Army moved into a new position:

"Meeting"

The Commander of the KV-2 gets new orders


KV-2 between a new Kharkov ruin (front) and a toy-ruin (background) - The Commander doesn´t seem to be happy with his orders *gg*

What do we learn? Collect the Lego®-bricks of your kids and build some lovely ruins for the scale 1/72!

I think about some wood, bushes or gras within the ruins. Any ideas in your mind?

3 Kommentare:

  1. Welcome back... I love lego though I usually feel I'm turning WAY too old for that sort of fun... A brilliant solution nonetheless, but won't you regret it later when you want to re-use the blocks (this is the only thing restraining me for doing such a thing myself)?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thx for the comment, Andrew. Last time I have played with Lego was somewhere around 1992. I have no need to re-use them. Okay, maybe in four or five years I will have some kids that might need something to play (btw that´s the strongest argument of my mom to collect and store all toys of my childhood *gg). To be honest the blocks used for these ruines are not mine. Monty? Do you know where this Lego come from?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Actually, Daniel and I came up with the idea of using LEGO bricks to build ruins. The obvious course was to hide the cahracteristic LEGO burlings by covering them with putty.

    Niclas

    AntwortenLöschen